Thursday, March 21, 2013

More Kuksa Cups!



 Over the past seven or eight months, I have made many kuksas. Some I have sold off or given away, and some I still have left. Add a comment below if you would be interested in buying one! This blog post will be more about pictures than  words because I have a lot to show so keep scrolling :).
Black birch a.k.a. cherry birch kuksa
Spalted birch kuksa. This cup is very special since I had specially prepared the birch log for spalting. Over a period of six months, I exposed both ends of the log to the elements and the summer sun. I also left the bark intact to help hold in moisture and speed up the spalting process. And so, this beautiful wood was produced without much effort!!
Sweet cherry kuksa
Sweet cherry kuksa beaver-tail style inspired by Jon Mac





These two twin cups are also made from the same log as the larger one from up there. This birch has a mix of gray spalting and dark brown streaks running across the wood.





Birch kuksa cup

 These next two kuksas are both beaver tail style cups. The bigger one was my largest cup ever with a capacity of 20 oz. Both cups are carved in sweet cherry.

They almost look like a father and son!

The details in this wood are just gorgeous!! And the chip carving around the border enhances the beauty even further.


These twin kuksas are both carved in sycamore.
The wood is very clean looking, almost modern like.




And to finish off my post on kuksas, here is another sweet cherry cup. I just love the way this wood shimmers under the light, very pretty! This one was a gift for my brother-in-law for helping me out and taking all these beautiful pictures. Shout out to Aleksandr Verbetsky!! :)



13 comments:

  1. Helloo I'm interested in buying one of your cups! How much are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Sorry for the late reply, but I have cups available to buy

      Delete
  2. hellou how you doing finishing touches at the kuksa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a salad bowl finish by general finishes

      Delete
    2. Just any oil is not durable enough and you have to keep reapplying it. I use salad bowl finish by general finishes look it up

      Delete
    3. is saladeBF safe for hot beverage?

      Delete
    4. Yes after it is fully cured after 30 days

      Delete
  3. what are the prices of your 2 hole cups?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sell them for $70, for a beaver tail it's $80

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have kuksas available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two taht are available at the moment, send me an email at dangav08@gmail.com and I'll send you some pictures of the ones I have available, thank you!

      Delete
  6. Hello Nitrousair,,, I want to buy some your works,, Kuksas. do you have any available? If yes, How do I reach you?

    ReplyDelete